Thursday, May 26, 2011

Checkup: 35w, 5d

I had a checkup today, and since Jake is working third shift right now (12AM-8AM) he went with. He is absolutely my hero. He's been absolutely amazing this entire pregnancy, and I can't ask for a more supportive and generous husband-to-be. He would do anything for us, and I know he's going to be an amazing daddy to this little boy. (:

The appointment went well, I'm measuring at 35cm which my OB says is spot-on, and his heart rate was 144. Unfortunately he's still entirely head up (which I knew judging by his head putting ridiculous amounts of pressure on my ribs for quite some time now.) and if he doesn't turn by my June 9th appointment, I'll have to get an ultrasound to determine if I'll have to have a c-section.

That possibility terrifies me. I wanted to have a natural vaginal birth, and very much hope this little man cooperates.

I'm also still tightly closed and not a tiny bit effaced. Something tells me that if he does turn, and I don't have to have a c-section, he'll be late.

I'm seriously sick of people saying "I bet you're ready to have him" or "man, you look like you're tired of being pregnant!" Trust me, I'm perfectly content with this little guy coming in his own time, when he's ready. I'm not even 36 weeks, let alone full term, I'm not about to hand him an eviction notice.

Tonight is my first night at the new house, and it's just me here tonight! It's amazing, I'm not even sleeping in my own bed (the movers came in and packed everything today, but didn't actually move us yet, so I'm sleeping on the sofa bed in the den) but I already feel at home here.

So, I plan to breast feed, but I know that doesn't work out for everyone, so when someone on my birth board posted a couple of codes to get a 48-pack of Similac ready-to-use 2oz bottles that, after shipping, typically cost around $50 for only $11, I jumped on that and bought a case. They were on our door step when we got to the new house today, apparently free 2-day shipping was part of the deal. What a steal! I figure if I don't use them I'll either Freecycle them or give them to Jake's sister Athena if she wants them; she's due a week after me.

Even though it's a holiday weekend, we have no significant plans besides picking up our itty bitty boxer puppy! I'm probably nuts for taking on a puppy and a newborn at the same time, but I'm quite confident that I can handle it. What do ou guys have planned for the holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment