Monday, March 21, 2011

Next on the agenda: DIY Roman shade and drum chandelier shade!

I stumbled across a tutorial for a sewless DIY Roman shade on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog, and I would love to try it out for the window above the sink in the kitchen.  The tutorial can be found here.  I chose this fabric for both the roman shade and the drum chandelier shade:


I love how classic it is, and it will look spectacular against both the white kitchen cabinets and the grey-blue paint I chose for the kitchen/attached dinette.  The chandelier will hang above the kitchen table in the dinette.  I cannot wait to get the fabric; it was $14.95 a square yard at tonicliving.com, which is more than I was aiming to spend, but I fell in love.  Of course, taking into account how much roman shades usually cost, as well as drum chandeliers, the $45 + shipping I'm spending on fabric plus this $10 Januari cord set from IKEA (minus the shade):

Along with a generic drum shade which I will cover with the fabric, these projects shouldn't cost more than $75.

If you are interested in covering a lamp shade with your own fabric, here is a great tutorial on Crafty Nest's DIY blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment